Ever wanted to take nice Christmas family pictures, but you don’t know where around your home to take them? We have the perfect DIY for your next Christmas photo session! It is super easy and fun to make with kids as well. Say hello to your very own DIY Christmas photo booth.
By the way, if you still need a little advice on how to take family photos like a professional, check out this two part guide on taking the family portrait into your own hands.
Here’s what you’ll need for your DIY Christmas photo booth:
- Long white paper
- Colorful strips of paper or yarn
- Old Christmas ornaments
Here’s how it works:
- Start by cutting the ends of your long paper in the shape of the end of a ribbon. Like this:
- Then, grab your paint and write, “Merry Christmas” or “Happy Holidays from The (your family’s name)!” You can also decorate it however you want. Tip: add some glitter for an extra touch of magic!
- Once the paint has dried off, cut your coloured yarn in different lengths and tie them on the top of your chosen Christmas ornaments.
- Once you have all of your ornaments tied to your yarn strings, it’s time to add them to the back of your white paper. Try to leave a couple centimetres in between each string.
- Now you can hang your finished DIY Christmas photo booth against an empty wall and start taking your holiday family pictures in style!
Once you have your photos, use the MyPostcard app to send them as postcards to your loved ones with just a few clicks!
Extra tip: If you want to take things to the next level, you can get some Christmas printables online.
We’d love to see your pictures!
If you end up sharing your lovely DIY Christmas photo booth pictures on social media, don’t forget to tag us using #MyPostcardMoment. We hope you have lots of fun creating this easy DIY project with your loved ones during the holidays! Give us a follow on Instagram for more DIY reels, tutorials and ideas.
If you’re sharing your photos on social media, check out these 24 festive ideas for your Christmas caption!