Giving him a card can be one of the best ways to make your son feel special on his big day. Plus, cards can be sentimental and he can keep them for years to come. Whether you are a mom or dad, a stepparent or the father-in-law, we’ve got the best birthday wishes for your son.
Take a look at these awesome birthday wishes and quotes for sons, or skip to the section you need in the contents.
Send your son a special birthday card using the MyPostcard app! Download the app now and create a personalized card for your son using your own photos for his special day. He’ll be sure to appreciate the thought and care that went into making it – and we’ll save you time by printing and mailing it for you.
Heartfelt birthday wishes
- “You’re my heart outside my body. I hold you near and dear today and always. Happy birthday, son.”
- “Today we’re celebrating you — the biggest blessing we could’ve ever imagined. We love you so much. Happy birthday!”
- “You’re my biggest blessing, and I’m forever in awe of the extraordinary person you’ve become. May all your hopes and dreams come true. Happy birthday!”
- “There’s so much about you that I love. From your thoughtfulness to your bright smile, you are truly one of a kind. Happy birthday, son!”
- “You deserve everything this world can offer and more. I hope you get it all because you’re beyond worthy. Happy birthday!”
- “I don’t know what I did to deserve a son as caring, thoughtful, and loving as you. I really hit the jackpot when you were born. Happy birthday!”
Funny birthday wishes
- “Who said cake isn’t its own food group? It is on your birthday — so, enjoy!”
- “Happy birthday to the child who tested my patience. I think you won because eventually, it ran out.”
- “It’s hard to believe you’re an adult. Especially since I still support you. Happy birthday, son.”
- “Happy birthday! You’re one in a melon.”
- “You’ll always be my SON-shine. I’ll love you forever. Happy birthday!”
- “Wow, we’re starting to run out of space on the cake with all these candles! You’re turning into an old man. Happy birthday!”
Birthday wishes for son from mom
- “I should be the one getting presents today. After all, I’m the one who gave you life! Happy birthday!”
- “Happy birthday to the little boy who has grown into this incredible young man. You make your mom so proud!
- “I’m so honored to call you my son. I wish every person on earth could experience this kind of love. Happy birthday from your mom!”
- “No matter what you decide to do in life, just know that your mom will always be your biggest fan. Happy birthday to my favorite boy.”
- “Another birthday can mean only one thing: my little boy is not so little anymore! I am so proud of you and how you have grown up, son. I am prouder than any mom could be. Happy birthday!”
- “What does a mother wish for her son on his birthday? All the happiness in the world, that’s what! Enjoy your special day, son!”
Birthday wishes for son from father
- “There’s no better role in life than being your dad. I’d do anything for you! Happy birthday, son!”
- “Today, I hope you take the time to reflect on how much you mean to us as a family. Your presence impacts us all, and we’re so grateful to have you in our lives. Happy birthday, son.”
- “You’re the coolest dude I know, believe me, your dad would know. Happy birthday, son.”
- “You’re wiser than I ever was at your age, and that makes me one proud Papa Bear. Happy birthday!”
- “My little man is not so little anymore! You’re growing up, buddy, and I am so pleased to see what a gentleman you’re becoming. You obviously take after your old man! Happy birthday!”
- “Happy birthday, my very special son. As your father, there is only one thing I wish to say on your special day this year, and that is that I am immensely proud of you – beyond words.”
- “Being a father is a challenging job, but it’s also the best job in the world. You make it even more wonderful and rewarding just by being the amazing boy that you are.”
- “Happy birthday to my little treasure! There isn’t a day that goes by where you don’t bring a smile to my face. You are the most perfect kid a father could ask for, and I simply adore you, my boy! I’m hoping you continue to grow as fantastically as you already have!”
Birthday wishes for son-in-law
He may not be your own child, but sons-in-law are just as much a part of the family!
- “Happy Birthday to a wonderful son-in-law! Pour the champagne and have a popping good celebration! Make tonight amazing!”
- “Happy Birthday to my son-in-law. Today’s your day! We’ll celebrate it your way! With streamers and cake, What a party we’ll make.”
- “Happy Birthday, dear son-in-law. We are so happy to have you in our lives. May your year be filled with joy and wonderful company.”
- “Happy birthday, son-in-law! Some presents come wrapped with bows, some join the family. Happy birthday to our wonderful son-in-law!”
- “ Happy Birthday to a dear son-in-law. We are so thankful to have you as part of our family. Sending love today and always.”
Milestone birthday messages for your son
- “As you grow into adulthood, never lose sight of your imagination. It will take you far. Happy birthday, son.”
- “Happy __th birthday to the person who couldn’t wait to be an adult. How does it feel now?”
- “Happy __th birthday! Party hard, but not too hard — I hear hangovers get worse with age.”
- “Since you’re an adult now, does that mean you can now pay us back for all the expenses you’ve incurred during childhood? Just kidding, happy __th birthday!”
Not quite sure how to word your birthday wishes for your son? Take a look at this helpful guide on how to write a milestone birthday card.
If you’re looking for a way to make your son’s birthday extra special, browse these fun and heartfelt ways to make his birthday special. For example, you could create a DIY birthday yearbook or send a birthday video message.