Have you accumulated baby photos throughout your child’s first months and would love to display them around your home? If the answer is yes, then it’s your lucky day! Forget the old school way of framing them and putting them up on your hallway!
If you’re looking for something a tad more creative than a classic framed photo, we’ve got the perfect craft idea for you. (No judgement, though – check out our personalizable framed photos available here). With this cute DIY idea, you will have all your precious photos in one beautiful decor piece.
What you need:
- A 20 cm wooden or metal hoop
- White string
- Your favorite postcard photos
Here’s how it works…
- Select your favorite six photos and divide them in three rows. Here, I’ve used the MyPostcard ‘Polaroid’ style, where you could even add a caption or text.
- Cut your string into three different lengths (each about 10 cm longer than the last one) and tape two photos to it per string, leaving some space in between them. The last photo should be at the end of the string.
- Then grab your wooden or metal hoop and tie the top of each string onto the hoop. Ideally you should form a triangle with each string, so all sides are evenly weighted.
- Now cut three more strings that are all the same length and tie them right where the strings with the photos are placed. Leave 5 cm at the end of the strings and tie them up together.
- You’re done! Your new photo mobile is ready to be attached onto your ceiling, showcasing your beautiful baby photos!
We would love to see your creations!
If you want to share your beautiful DIY baby pictures mobile on social media and have a chance of featuring on our page, don’t forget to tag us using #MyPostcardMoment. We hope you have lots of fun creating this easy DIY project with your old photo prints or postcards! Give us a follow on Instagram for more DIY reels, tutorials and ideas.