Do you feel like normal journals and diaries are boring? Are you not motivated or as productive as you could be? I totally get you! Sometimes, our creativity needs to be present in more areas of our lives – like planning, for example. Some people say that colors help them organize tasks better and others prefer drawing symbols to remember specific dates or chores! In today’s article, I will show you how to create your own bullet journal to start the new year productively!
You will need:
- A pen
- An empty notebook (tip: dotted ones will help you structure it better!)
Extra supplies if you want to make it more fun:
- Colored markers
- Washi tape
- Even glitter!
- First off, make sure your work area is clean and empty, gather all the supplies you want to use, as well as your notebook.
- You can start by creating an index and a key. To create an index, you need two columns. Continue by numbering out the pages of your journal according to what you want to include. For example: monthly overview, birthday chart, your goals list for the year etc. A key should be a page where you list all the symbols you want to use along with their meanings.
- Then you can continue by creating a yearly spread where you list the most important events that will happen in 2022, such as birthdays, anniversaries, big deadlines, vacations, etc.
- After you get that sorted, you can go on by creating your first monthly spread and weekly/daily logs. There are many different ways to keep your week or day-to-day organized, so don’t be afraid to explore them all until you find your favorite one.
Don’t forget there’s no rules, get creative!
Feel free to decorate and add as many things as you want! Bullet journals should be a fun creative way to keep your life organized, so the more elements and supplies you use that you love, the more you will be inclined to use it! Also, if you feel like saving time, there are many Free Bullet Journal Printables you can find online.
If you want to step it up a notch and upgrade your workspace and overall motivation for the new year, we recommend you check out our article on How to Make a Vision Board that will get you inspired on a daily basis!