Are you feeling down about a fight with your boyfriend or husband? Looking for the best apology messages for him? Saying “I’m sorry” can go a long way towards putting you back on the right track with your partner. That’s why we’ve collected the best apology messages, as well as a couple of tips and tricks to land the perfect apology!
Heartfelt apology messages for him
- “I’ve been thinking a lot about what I said last night, and I crossed the line. You have every right to be offended and hurt, and I’m truly sorry.”
- “Hey, babe. I’m really ashamed of how I behaved yesterday. The worst part about it all is how I made you feel. You don’t deserve that kind of treatment. I promise you it won’t happen again.”
- “I feel absolutely terrible about our fight. I let you down. You deserve better, and if you are willing to forgive me, I’m ready to be better for you.”
- “You are such an incredible partner, and I love you so much. I feel awful that I ever let you down like this. I truly am sorry.”
If what you regret is cheating on your partner and are trying to find a way to mend your relationship, discover these tips to help your sincere apology.
Short apology messages for him
- “I really messed up. Whenever you feel ready, I’d love to meet face-to-face. I promise to just listen this time.”
- “I’m going to spend some serious time working on myself and changing my behavior. I hope you can forgive me”
- “You have always believed in me and supported me. I am sorry I’ve hurt you like this.”
- “I seriously hate it when we fight. I hate it even more when I realize it was all my fault. I am sorry.”
- “This message is from the bottom of my heart. I want to say that I’m very sorry.”
- “I feel like such a fool today. I’m so sorry for what I said.”
- “I’d love to apologize in person whenever you’re ready, but just know I’m sorry for everything.”
- “I’m asking for your forgiveness, and I promise to do better going forward.”
- “I am sorry I unintentionally hurt you, I never thought I would do that. Please forgive me.”
- “I am sorry from the core of my heart for hurting you this badly. Please forgive me. I love you!”
- “That sucked. I hate fighting with you, especially when I know my actions made it happen. I’m sorry.”
- “You are so important to me, and I hate that I made you doubt that. I am so sorry.”
- “I had no intention of hurting you, but it happened. Please, please forgive me.”
- “I did not mean any of the harsh things I said earlier. I am sorry for being immature. Please forgive me!”
- “Let’s forget the past and move on. I am sorry for hurting you. I love you, my wonderful boyfriend/husband.”
- “It’s the little things that matter and I will give you time, but just know I am sorry, and I love you!”
How to apologize: Step-by-step
A good apology isn’t just saying sorry. There are lots more things to say and actions to take. We’ve got a step-by-step guide to help you get your partner to forgive you.
#1 Give them some space.
Giving your partner some space for himself allows him time to cool down and could make him open to chatting with you.
#2 Acknowledge your partner’s feelings
They could still feel hurt or maybe anger, but it’s good to see what headspace they’re in.
#3 Take accountability for your actions
If you feel you need to apologize, perhaps there are a couple of wrong things you said or did. A general “sorry” is too vague and could come across as insincere. Good apology messages for him explain how you’re accountable.
#4 The actual apology message for him
This is when it’s best to use your words in person or in an apology message for him.
#5 Explain your perspective
Briefly explain your perspective, and what led to your mistake.
#6 Apologize again
Top of your apology with one last “I’m sorry.”
#7 Extra gestures
Go the extra mile and show how sorry you are with a grand gesture or something simple and sweet.
If you’re looking for a couple more options to apologize with a gesture, check out these grand gestures to say I’m sorry.
Send an apology message in a card for him
You can never go wrong with a lovely card. Send a sweet sorry message to your boyfriend. With MyPostcard’s app, you can send a personalized card, and even upload pictures and videos. Then, your card will be printed and posted for you. Nothing is quite as sweet as receiving a love letter.
A romantic dinner
Go out on a dinner date to one of your partner’s favorite restaurants. Or cook him his favorite meal. A home-cooked meal can be more intimate, and the effort shows how much you care.
Last thoughts on apology messages for him
If you’re looking for some more apology messages, check out our article with 30 more apology messages for any scenario.