Mistakes are human… and apologizing is too!
So you screwed up and offended someone with words, deeds or maybe even by ghosting them? The good news is mistakes are human, and with the right words and actions you can earn forgiveness. Because it’s important to own your mistakes and apologize for hurtful words, a rash infidelity, a loud argument or a rude remark.
Luckily for you, we’ve got a whole load of ideas on apology messages that you can use to say I’m sorry.
Saying sorry for small annoyances
- Let’s enjoy life together again. It’s too short to be angry for long.
- In case you’re looking for me, I went too far. And I apologize wholeheartedly.
- Sorry. How I behaved was unfair.
I’m truly asking for your forgiveness and I hope you believe me.
- Assuming you accept this I’m sorry card and my apology itself, can I hug you again?
Sorry messages for your girlfriend or boyfriend
- I’m so sorry that I hurt you. I’m sending you this apology message in a card to let you know that I love everything about you, for always, every single day.
- I want nothing more than for you to forgive me so that I can whisper in your ear how much I love you.
- The perfect couple love, laugh, fight and trust. I broke your trust, so please let’s love, laugh and if it has to be then fight, to build the trust again.
- I’m sorry if I’m acting weirdly. I’m in love for the first time.
Apologies messages for when you’ve ghosted someone
- Sorry for not being able to talk about how I feel. Next time I’ll talk to you openly. Please accept my apology.
- I wanted to apologize for ghosting you after our great dates. That was immature and not nice of me. I hope you’re doing okay.
- You deserve someone better. Please excuse my immature handling of this situation. I thought it would be easier to do it this way, but it’s just inhuman.
- Sorry that I stopped responding to your calls and messages. That was very rude of me. I wish you the best for the future.
Apology quotes to friends
- I am asking you if we are alright again, because for me, everything is better with you.
- You don’t have to forget everything straight away, but I’m asking you to forgive me. I don’t know what got into me and I am ashamed of what I did.
- It’s not easy to apologize. I hope you see my apology comes from the heart. And I hope you put our friendship above my mistake.
- George Bernard Shaw said: “Friends are the universe’s excuse for relatives.” I say, “This card is the excuse to my universe.” Please forgive me.
- I screwed up a lot and you’re usually the first one I discuss stuff like this with. Please accept my apology, then we can talk about it together.
Examples for saying sorry to your family
- They say the best apology is to change your behaviour. Let’s spend time together again so that I can show you my new behaviour.
- I’ll be the first to apologize – not because I want to be brave, but because I know that forgiveness takes strength. And you are incredibly strong. Let’s forget about that together.
- I am sorry that I sometimes cannot be relied on and that I say things without thinking. I am sorry if I fail you sometimes. Thanks for your understanding.
Find the perfect apology message for colleagues
- My behaviour was unprofessional and inappropriate for the situation. However, I will learn from this mistake and in the future I will be better in everyday working life. To our future work together!
- Please excuse my behaviour last week / month. Your criticism was completely justified and I should have reacted differently to it.
- I don’t want to be one of those colleagues who would most like to be tax deductible – as an extraordinary burden. Therefore, I sincerely apologize for my recent wrongdoing.
- I didn’t mean to offend you with my behaviour. I hope you can forgive me so we can continue to develop our good working relationship.
Apologizing for lying
- I know how you feel right now: You have placed your trust in me and I trampled on it. But I would like to make amends if you’ll let me.
- Honesty is for strong people. Weak people have to lie. Please forgive me for being weak and lying. From now on I will always be honest with you and become a strong person by your side.
- I can’t even say it was a white lie. It was just a stupid mistake and I am so sorry.
- After this whole stupid thing, I would like to ask you for a blank page so we can start writing a new story for us.
- I want to prove to you that you can trust me – in the big and the small things. It starts with this excuse that I use to pave the way for an honest relationship. Please forgive me.
Looking for more casual apology message examples?
- Let’s deal with this like we deal with dirty dishes: Either sponge over it or just forget the whole thing until something grows over it.
- Did you know that I like words that nobody uses today? They are: Please, thank you and sorry. I dedicate the latter to you!
- I’m sorry I’m not perfect and I haven’t been working on it. But you are perfect to me and I could still learn from you if you let me.
Did you find the right phrase or message to say sorry?
I wholeheartedly wish you the courage to formulate your apology message. And by the way, you can find more sayings to past into your apology cards in the free MyPostcard app.