When the views leave you speechless, the food is indescribable, and there’s simply no words for the weather, it’s no wonder you’re stuck for an Instagram travel caption! Luckily, we have 60 short travel quotes for Instagram that’ll set the travel blogger inside of you free.
These 60 best travel-inspired sayings and phrases will make the ideal caption for your Insta post! Feel free to copy and paste and start sharing your awesome images on social media (or by postcard!)!
We’ve included short and sweet classic phrases, funny captions, sentimental travel-inspired expressions, as well as famous quotes about the joy of travel
Short adventure and travel quotes for Instagram
These quotes and phrases are ideal if you prefer to keep your travel captions short and sweet. They are also the perfect choice for anyone who is in love with the places still on the bucket list and waiting to be explored…
- I have found my happy place.
- Keep calm and travel on!
- I have a calling to be where I’m not.
- Friends that travel together, stay together.
- Stars cannot shine without darkness.
- I travel so my life is not disrupted by routine.
- Too blessed to be stressed!
- Go that extra mile.
- When traveling, the potential for adventure is endless.
- One year= 365 opportunities.
- You are your only limit.
- I need some vitamin SEA in my life.
- Don’t be a tourist. Be a traveler.
- Travel + good friends = Life-changing moments!
- Work hard, travel harder.
Funny quotes for your travel captions
A more light-hearted approach, these short, but funny travel quotes for Instagram are bound to make your followers smile!
- I’ve got 99 problems. But I am on vacation, and I am ignoring them all.
- Better to see something once than to hear about it a hundred times.
- I’m a travel addict on the road to recovery. Just kidding! I’m on the road to the airport.
- “No place is boring if you’ve had a good night’s sleep and have a pocket of unexposed film.” – Robert Adams
- Maybe you can’t buy happiness, but you can buy plane tickets. (And what’s the difference really?)
- I Googled my symptoms. Apparently, I need another vacation.
- Life is short, and the world is wide… So I best get started on my next adventure!
- Travel as much as you can. As far as you can. As long as you can. Life’s not meant to be lived in one place.
- Quit your job, buy a ticket, get a tan, fall in love, never return.
- I’d rather have a passport full of stamps than a house full of stuff.
- I don’t know the question, but travel is the answer.
- “Jet lag is for amateurs.” – Dick Clark
- Let’s wander where Wi-Fi is weak, the beer is cheap, and the weather is beautiful.
- “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.” – Vivian Greene
- “Travel is like knowledge, the more you see, the more you know you haven’t seen.” – Mark Hertsgaard.
Deep travel quotes for your Instagram caption
It is a big world out there, with something to discover around every corner. These particular short travel quotes for Instagram posts offer a deeper look at the life-altering nature of exploring our world. Guaranteeing #travelgoals, one of these captions is bound to be the perfect message to compliment your post.
- “Investment in travel is an investment in yourself.” – Matthew Karsten
- “It’s not the destination; it is all about the journey.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Addiction to travel is simply a calling to be where you are not.
- Tripophobia: The fear of not having any travel vacations currently booked.
- “Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Bear
- It will be difficult, but difficult doesn’t mean impossible.
- “Until you step into the unknown, you don’t know what you’re made of.” – Roy T. Bennett
- Constantly searching for views that take your breath away.
- “Take only memories and leave only footprints.” – Chief Seattle
- “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.”
- “We cannot discover any oceans until we have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – André Gide
- “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert
- A desire to travel is a desire to understand one’s own existence.
- Find a beautiful place, and then get lost there.
Famous travel caption ideas for Instagram
Although we cannot choose where we come from, we can at least choose where we are going. Famous authors, celebrities, and philosophers have been inspiring wanderlust for centuries. These beautiful famous quotes about travel and adventure make for great Instagram caption ideas… Here are our favorites:
- “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag.
- “To travel is to live.” – Hans Christian Andersen.
- “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine.
- “The journey, not the arrival matters.” – T.S. Eliot.
- “Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing”-Dr. Seuss.
- “Once a year go someplace you have never been before”- Dalai Lama.
- “I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them”– Mark Twain.
- “Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures.”- Lewis Carroll (Alice in Wonderland).
- ‘A journey is best measured in friends rather than miles’- Tim Cahill.
- “Not all those who wander are lost.” —J.R.R. Tolkien.
- “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” —Lao Tzu.
- “The gladdest moment in human life, methinks, is a departure into unknown lands.”– Sir Richard Burton.
- “A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” — Lao Tzu.
- “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” — Henry Miller.
- “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” – Confucius.
- “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” – Anthony Bourdain.
Found what you were looking for?
Glad we could help! If you’re ready to see how the experts do it, then check out our articles ranking the best travel bloggers and influencers in the game: