Sending an apology can go a long way when you and your bestie have fought. If you feel you might be in the wrong, it’s important to say sorry. We have some tips to help with your apology message to your friend, and find your way back to hanging out once again! Keep reading for 20 sorry quotes for a friend.
Find sorry quotes for your friend on the MyPostcard app!
Our tip: Say you’re sorry with a card to make your friend feel valued and loved! With MyPostcard app, you can deliver an “I’m sorry” card right to their front door! In the app, you can find lots of pre-written messages to add to your message and customize. We print, and post your card.
Sorry messages for your friend
Heartfelt sorry quotes for friend
Here are a few emotional sorry quotes to help you pour your heart out!
- “You have to know that I appreciate our friendship like nothing else in the world, and I would do anything to make it up to you. I truly am sorry.”
- “I am painfully aware that the things I said were awful, but I regret every single word. Our friendship is one of the best things that has happened to me, and I do not want to see it end like that. I sincerely apologize.”
- “I am extremely sorry for my behavior. I wish I were more careful with my words. I love you, my friend. Please accept my apology this time.”
Short sorry quotes for friend
Sometimes it’s best to keep it short and sweet.
- “I feel really bad that you felt _______ and want you to know I would never intentionally hurt you.”
- “It was unfair of me to say those things, and I regret it. I am so sorry.”
- “I’m sorry if there’s been any misunderstanding, and I wanted to make sure you knew that I’m here to talk whenever you’re ready.”
- “You have a very special place in my heart, and I don’t want to lose you. I am really sorry.”
- “There was no excuse for what I did, and I accept complete responsibility. I am so sorry.”
- “It wasn’t right for me to do what I did, and I just want you to know how sorry I am.”
- “I’m so so sorry. I’m aware of what I said and that it was very wrong on my part.”
- “My actions were unintentional, and I feel terrible. I hope that one day you choose to forgive me.”
- “You cannot imagine how important you are to me. I’m sorry for hurting you.”
- “I know this is not a way for a friend to act, and I am really sorry for that.”
- “Now that I realize what I said. I know I didn’t mean it. It was in the heat of the moment. I’m so sorry.”
Funny sorry quotes for friend
Add a little humor to your sincere apology to put a smile on your friend’s face.
- “I am sorry for what happened. You know I’m the stupid one. Forgive me, and let’s have fun.”
- “ I’m sorry. In my defense, some babies were dropped on their heads. I was clearly thrown at a wall.”
- “I suck at apologies, so I got this card for you.”
For more information and examples on apology messages, browse through our article, covering all things apologetic.
Sorry for the late birthday wishes
Oops! You’ve missed their special day. Make it up to them with a caring belated birthday wish to make up for it.
- “Happy belated birthday to you, who is worthy of “on-time” wishes. Sorry, I picked Snail Mail to deliver it.”
- “Happy belated birthday to my irreplaceable friend. Although my greetings come late, our friendship always comes first. I cherish you now, today, tomorrow, and forever more. Happy birthday.”
- “Better late than never!” Here’s to wishing you a special day, just like you. Happy birthday!”
Not the right fit? Check out all these belated birthday wishes for all occasions.
Things to consider when saying sorry to a friend
If you’re sorry, it’s best to say it as soon as possible. Sometimes people need a little space after an argument, but at least your friend will know you’re sorry.
#2 Be sincere
Make sure your apology message is sincere and from the heart.
#3 Take responsibility
Own up to the things you did or said that led to the argument or falling out.
#4 No ‘If’, ‘but’, or ‘maybes’
Using these words could cancel out your apology by giving excuses. Focus on what you’re sorry for by taking accountability and responsibility.
#5 Actions speak louder than words.
Show how you plan to change your behavior and stick with it. As the quote, often credited to Einstein, goes, “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” Keep up the changed behavior!
Not sure if saying sorry is enough? Why not include a grand gesture to put a cherry on top of your apology?