You’ve got a busy schedule and missed your loved one’s birthday? It can be awkward wishing someone a belated happy birthday after their special day, but these messages will help your loved ones feel special despite the late birthday wishes!
Below you’ll find a selection of messages for belated happy birthday wishes, as well as some lovely gestures to show just how much you really do care!
P.S. To make your birthday message sound truly genuine, send a birthday card. You know what they say, better late than never! The MyPostcard app allows you to personalize your cards with your own photos. We print and send for you!
21 Happy Belated Birthday Messages
You know what they say about birthday wishes – better late than never! Happy birthday!
Even though this may be a little late, it’s never too late to wish you the best of everything. I hope you have a brilliant year ahead!
Apologies for my belated happy birthday wishes! I hope your birthday was as special as you are!
Roses are red,
Cacti are prickly,
Sorry, this card didn’t
Get there more quickly!
Sending you the happiest of (belated) birthday wishes. I’m so sorry I missed your special day! May the coming year be full of many blessings.
I promise this card isn’t late. It is intentionally arriving after your birthday because I think you deserve a whole birth month. Happy Birth-month!
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Here are some late
Birthday wishes to you!
You’re such a good friend with lots of wonderful gifts – lucky for me, one of them is forgiveness! Sorry I missed your big day.
Although my wishes turned up late,
I hope your birthday turned out great!
May life always smile upon you and may you be blessed with peace, happiness, and love. I may be a little late, but my wishes for you are sincere.
Sorry I missed your birthday
I didn’t realize it was so near
But I’m sending some late wishes
They’re extra special and sincere!
Belated happy birthday to you!
I’m not late in wishing you a happy birthday, I’m just super early for next year!
I not only forgot to wish you well on your birthday, but I also forgot to brush my teeth, wear my tie, and eat my lunch. Apparently, I really am forgetting things often these days. Happy belated birthday to you.
Do you need a reason to go and party? Well, until the belated birthday wishes stop flowing in, you still have all the reasons to keep partying. You’re welcome. Happy birthday to you!
It is not a sin to forget, but it certainly should be to not wish a great birthday when you remember it again. Happy belated birthday.
I am really sorry for messing up and missing your birthday! I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings, and I hope you don’t think it was on purpose. Believe me, I didn’t mean it. Happy belated Birthday!
You live life in the fast lane, but you know that I am a little slower, and that is why I am late to wish you on your birthday. Here goes – happy belated birthday!
I am sorry for forgetting your birthday. You mean so much to me, and I hurt you. Please forgive me. Happy belated birthday wishes.
Oh my goodness.
Me oh my!
I let your birthday
Just slip right by.
If there’s one thing that I’ve learned from this incident, it is that I should keep my calendar organized. I am truly sorry for forgetting your birthday. Happy belated birthday to you.
A little late, I must confess,
But it doesn’t mean that I care less!
Gestures to show you care
If the guilt of missing your loved ones’ birthday is getting to you, don’t worry, we’ve included some creative, romantic, and grand gestures to help cheer them up!
Grand gestures to accompany your belated birthday wishes
If you feel terrible for missing someone’s birthday, why not go all out with one of these grand gestures?
- Take them on a weekend getaway or a road trip
- Throw them a surprise birthday party.
- Fly in a family member or friend they’ve been missing (or yourself, if you’re long distance buddies!)
- Plan a full day of fun activities they love.
- Take them to see their favorite band or musician.
- Honestly, who doesn’t like a gift? Fork out a few bucks to say sorry with a meaningful present.
By the way, we have lots more creative grand gestures for saying sorry to your partner!
Romantic gestures to add the extra je ne sais quoi
A little romance never hurt anybody, especially when you’ve missed their birthday! Here are some romantic ways to wish your partner a happy belated birthday. (These are great ways to earn back a couple of brownie points.)
- Cook them their favorite meal.
- Not much of a cook? Take them out to their favorite restaurant.
- Leave your partner little love notes to show how much you care.
- Bring your partner breakfast in bed.
- Organize a romantic sunset picnic.
- Send a heartfelt card that says all the things you love about them. MyPostcard app makes it super easy. You can create your card through the app, and it’ll be sent to your partner’s address. You can even record and send a video with a QR code!
Creative gestures for your late birthday wishes
Think outside the box to wish them a happy belated birthday.
- Clean the apartment/house. You’d be surprised how a sparking house can instantly make them (and you) feel better – and appreciated!
- Send them on a scavenger hunt where they’ll find all their favorite things.
- Organize a flash mob.
- Say happy belated birthday over the airwaves with a radio message.
We’ve all made mistakes, and missed an important event or day, after all, we’re only human. Sending an apology can help make it up to your loved one. Here some great apologies messages for all sorts of wrongs you’d like to make right.
It’s never too late to make it up to your loved ones with a happy belated birthday message!