We all slip up now and again and make mistakes. We’re only human, after all. But it’s how you handle your mistakes after you’ve made them that counts, and an apology can go a long way. Take a look at these ‘sorry for my mistake’ messages that’ll get you out of the dog box, and maybe even earn back a couple of extra brownie points!
Sorry for my mistake messages
If you’re looking for some ideas on how to phrase a ‘sorry’ message, take a look at these examples.
Option one – get straight to the point and show where you know you went wrong.
- “I’m sorry for my mistake. I’ll make sure it never happens again. I sincerely apologize.”
- “I’m sorry for my actions towards you! I will be more mindful in the future.”
- “The last thing I want on this earth is to drive you away. I am very sorry.”
- “Ask me to do anything! I will do anything for you. But please accept my apology. I am sorry.”
- “I am sorry and apologize for…”
- “‘Sorry’ is a small word, but has immense power to build a beautiful relationship. I hpe you accept my apology and let me rebuild the connection between us again.”
- “I’m not very good at saying sorry, but here goes – I was wrong, I apologize.”
- “Please accept my heartfelt apology and give me another chance. I promise I will make up for all the moments I ruined before.”
- “I’m so sorry for what I said, for what I did, and I mean it. I’m sorry from the bottom of my heart, please forgive me!”
- “I never meant to hurt you. It all happened in a blur. I am sorry!”
- “Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and annoyance caused.”
- “I should have been much more responsible in how I handled myself, and for that I am sorry.”
- “I will make up for all the days I ruined. Please forgive me. I apologize.”
- “Your patience with me is a godsend. I’m sorry for causing you so much trouble lately.”
Heartfelt ways to say sorry
Here’s how to express your sincere regret about the mistake you made.
- “I hurt the person I love the most. No words are enough to describe how I feel. I’ll just ask for forgiveness: I am sorry for my mistake.”
- “I feel ashamed of the way I acted. I promise I’ll make it up to you. I’m very sorry for hurting you. Will you forgive me, please?”
- “I don’t know if I’m worthy of love and forgiveness from you. But still, will you forgive me, my love?”
If you’ve made a terrible mistake, and have cheated on your partner, you’ll need all the help you can get to rectify your mistake. Here are some tips and examples for apologizing for cheating to show your partner how regretful you feel.
Funny messages to say sorry for my mistake
Hey, why not add a little humor to put a smile on your loved one’s face?
- “Wow, someone was a jerk last night, and it was me! I’m sorry. Forgive me?”
- “I’m sorry to make you cry. I’m such an onion.”
- “I’m sorry for what I said when I was hungry.”
Extra tips on how to say ‘sorry for my mistake’
#1 Be specific
Be sure that your message isn’t too general. Specificity is key.
Sometimes it’s easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. If you’ve taken this route, only sincere words from the heart will get you out of hot waters. When sending a sorry for my mistake message (intentional or accidental mistakes), it’ll only be received well when you really mean each and every word.
If you’re still looking for a little more guidance on how to word your message the most sincere, here are many more apology messages for particular people for inspiration.
#2 Actions speak louder than words
Some say actions speak louder than words, so after you’ve sent off your ‘sorry for my mistake’ message, it’s important to follow through. If you’ve slacked off with chores, make sure you complete all your tasks. Maybe you’ve said something hurtful, focus on not saying those words again.
#3 Send a card
A text message is better than nothing when it comes to saying sorry for my mistake, but a card shows you’ve gone the extra mile. In the age of technology, it’s also nice to receive something tangible. The MyPostcard app makes it easy to create a personalized ‘i’m sorry’ card, with all the bells and whistles, like choosing borders, pictures, and even a video. They’ll take care of the rest, printing, posting, and delivering it to your chosen address.
#4 A bold gesture
A bold gesture can go a long way! If your friend or partner is upset by a mistake you made, plan a bold and loving gesture to remind them of how much you care. Flowers, a planned evening in or out, here are a couple of grand gestures to make up for your mistake.
Learn to say sorry to your best friend here.
Last words on apologizing for your mistake
We hope you’ve found the perfect words to say sorry and start healing!