If someone’s taken the time to wish you a happy birthday, naturally, you’ll want to show an appropriate level of gratitude back. Whether with a short, funny or an affectionate thank you message, saying thanks for birthday wishes just got much easier. In this article, we’ll take you through some great examples with different tones, so you’re sure to find the perfect way to say thank you for birthday wishes.
Want to bring your ‘thank you for the birthday wishes’ to the next level? Download the MyPostcard app and send your appreciation message as a personalized postcard! We print and ship for you!
- Short and simple ways to say thanks for birthday wishes
- Heartfelt messages for your thank-yous
- Funny ways to say thanks for birthday wishes
Short messages and quotes for saying thanks for birthday wishes
A short and snappy message is often the best way to express your thanks. This is particularly suitable for friendly relationships, because you do not have to beat around the proverbial bush. If you’re just wanting to say thank you in general, you can find many more great sayings in the linked article.
Saying a quick thanks for birthday wishes
- Thank you for so much love on my birthday!
- Thank you for always being there for me in the last year
- To all of you, thanks so much for wishing me a happy birthday.
- Thanks so much for the birthday card.
- Thank you so much for the lovely card on my birthday!
To say thank you for other occasions, how about these sayings:
- Thanks to everyone who congratulated me!
- Just, thank you. You know what for.
- Thank you very, very much.
- Thank you so much for wishing me the best, it means a lot.
- Thank you so much for all the heartfelt congratulations.
Some of these are best suited for sending to individuals. But in any case, technology today tends to allow you to send a personalized reply to several messages at the same time. After all, group chats are part of everyday life nowadays, and you can reach many of your friends quickly and easily this way. Alternatively, try MyPostcard to send one personalized card design and message to multiple postal addresses.
Loving messages as thank-yous for the congratulations
But we also have some great longer and more affectionate messages to help you say thank you for the birthday wishes. So if a short saying doesn’t quite express what you’re feeling, then perhaps a longer version is better.
Show how appreciative you are for the birthday wishes with these messages:
- Thank you for wishing me a happy birthday, and thank you for always being there for me. You are a wonderful person for thinking of me, and I love you so much.
- I had a wonderful birthday – and not least because of you and all your lovely good wishes! Thank you for that, you beautiful people!
- Thank you to all the people who wished me happy birthday yesterday and today. I was over the moon, thanks everyone!
- I was pretty chuffed about all the nice wishes for my birthday. I’m going to take them as an encouragement to approach the next year of my life with optimism.
- The celebration on the occasion of my birthday was simply wonderful, and I enjoyed it very much. I would like to thank you very much for that.
Here are some more loving sayings for all other possible occasions:
- Thank you for all the heartfelt congratulations. You are all amazing people and friends, and I am so happy to have you in my life.
- I would like to thank you very much for the kind birthday wishes. It gave me a lot of pleasure to read them all and to hold them close to my heart. I would like to thank you all so much for the kind words. Reading them made me super happy!
- I just wanted to say thank you for your lovely message. You are such an important part of my life and I know I can always rely on you.
- Thank you for everything: for the awesome message, the way you think, your help and your trust in me. Thank you for being you!
- A big thank you to everyone who sent me birthday wishes! I had a lot of fun reading your sweet, funny and cute words.
Of course, you are completely free to change these sayings according to your own circumstances and who you’re talking to. For example, you can add your own words to give them a personal touch. Your recipients be even happier to see how much effort you’ve put in.
Funny ways to say thanks for the birthday wishes
You can also say thank you in a funny or humorous way to keep the mood light. Perhaps you’ve received particularly funny birthday wishes and would like to respond in kind.
Funny messages for saying thank you for birthday wishes:
- On my birthday, I always seem to have a lot of friends… Because of you lovely people, I always feel about half as old. Thanks for that and for the lovely birthday wishes!
- Thanks for all the birthday wishes and for thinking of me. And to those who forgot: Shame on you!
- Thank you for all the birthday wishes! But if only you had wished I’d stop aging instead. Tanks anyway, I guess, you guys are the best!
- I was so overwhelmed by all your birthday wishes that I had to reach for more than one alcoholic beverage… It’s made me feel very aware of my age today!
- Age is something you can enjoy or regret. I regret getting older, but I enjoy knowing people like you. Huge thanks for everything!
More humorous ideas for saying thanks for wishes on other occasions:
- Saying thank you is not difficult, but getting through my hangover today, on the other hand, is!
- I want to thank everyone for the heartwarming good wishes yesterday – even if I can’t remember all of them in detail for some inexplicable reason!
- A heartfelt thanks to everyone who came to support me at my party! I could only have wished for equal commitment with the cleaning up afterwards! 😉
These funny sayings and ideas are ideal to keep up the good mood after an awesome party. In this way, you can also show off your humorous side, and give everyone a laugh or two.
Conclusion: It’s important to say thank you properly for good wishes
In today’s fast-paced world, it’s all too easy to forget to say thank you. Particularly when you’ve received many heartfelt birthday wishes, it’s important to acknowledge your friends, acquaintances and relatives with an appropriate “Thank You” message. Our short, affectionate and funny messages are perfect for this purpose.
Our tip: Simply use one of our sayings as the basis and then add your own words. This will give your thank you note a uniquely personal touch.