Wanting to send a speedy recovery message to someone you know but can’t find the right words? We’ve got you covered with tips and examples for sending well-wishes to recovering friends, partners, relatives or professional acquaintances.
It’s always difficult when someone you care for is sick or recovering. But a great way to let them know you are thinking of them is to send a greetings card or postcard to brighten their day and lift their spirits. It can be hard to know quite what to say, so choosing the right words is important. Whether you are hoping to make them laugh or smile, express sympathy for their situation, or just let them know you’re there for them, we’ve got the right words for any situation. Below are some short quotes you can include in your message, followed by some full message examples that can be copied and adjusted to suit your needs.
Short quotes to include when sending well-wishes
Take a look through these speedy recovery example quotes for a close friend, your girlfriend, boyfriend or spouse and professional relationships like your boss or colleague.
Speedy recovery messages for a close friend
A sweet way to cheer up a close friend who is going through a hard time is to include private jokes between just the two of you. It depends on the situation of course, but if you can’t think of anything, here are some options of different well wishes messages you could send.
- Sending you tonnes of hugs and positive energy
- Good vibes coming your way
- You better get better soon!
- Get well quickly, so we can meet up and dance!
- You’re a tough cookie, so keep it up, and we’ll be back to causing mayhem in no time!
- Get better quickly, so I can go back to making fun of you again
- You may be sick, but at least you’re still pretty!
- I’m so sad to hear you’re ill, stay hydrated and binge-watch Friends and you’ll be better in no time!
- Here’s to a speedy recovery!
- Just take things one day at a time, things will get better
- I’m so sorry you’re feeling under the weather, get well soon, I miss you
- “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
- “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” – C.S. Lewis
- “Tough times don’t last, tough people do.” – Anonymous
Sending well wishes to your girlfriend, boyfriend or partner
Being away from a partner who is sick or caring for them up close can be one of the most difficult things to go through. However, giving them a card which expresses your concern and care for them can make them – and you – feel a lot better. Easier said than done: choosing the right words can be tough, so here are some examples of speedy recovery messages you could send.
- Sending love and get well soon vibes your way
- So sorry you’re feeling bad
- Get well soon my love
- You’re so sexy, even germs like you!
- There are simpler ways of getting out of chores, you know… Get better soon!
- I hope you feel better each day until we can be together again
- Hang in there! I know how strong you are, you’ll be better in no time
- I miss you so much and wish I could be there to help, until then, stay strong and keep getting better!
- You’re the strongest person I know, I just thought you should know that.
- Get well soon and back to your wonderful self
- “Believe you can, and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “The best way out is always through.” – Robert Frost
- “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb
Get well soon messages for the boss, your colleague or a business partner
Sending well wishes to a colleague or your boss is a thoughtful way to show them you care and that they are missed. Depending on how close you are, here are some examples of things you could choose to write.
- Get well soon, this place isn’t the same without you!
- Wishing you a speedy recovery
- Please get better quickly, we miss you around here
- Sending well wishes for a super fast recovery
- Sorry to hear that you’re actually sick on one of your sick days… Just kidding! Feel better soon.
- So sorry to hear about what happened, hope to see you back on your feet soon.
- Sending you thoughts and heartfelt wishes!
- Hoping each day brings you closer to full health.
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
- “Change your thoughts, change your life.” – Lao Tzu
Full speedy recovery messages (ready to copy and paste!)
Here are some full, editable examples of what you could write in your get well soon card. Feel free to copy and edit as you like when you send your well-wishes.
If for example, your friend caught the flu, you could use something like this –
I’m so sorry to hear you’re feeling under the weather. It really sucks that you have to stay home but as long as you rest up and keep hydrated I’m sure you’ll be feeling better in no time. Once you’re feeling up to it let’s meet up and hang out. Movies? Bowling? Hike?! The choice is yours. Let me know!
Sending lots of love.
If your partner had to recover from an operation you could write –
I’m so sorry you’ve had to go through this but you are the strongest person I know and I’m sure you’ll be back to your old self in no time. I promise to be at your beck and call with soups and hugs and as a binge watch partner whenever you want.
I love you so much.
If you colleague had broken their leg you could use this –
I can’t believe you broke your leg! I was so sorry to hear about it, not least because this place will not be able to function without you! Wishing you a speedy recovery and that you feel stronger every day. Until then, enjoy your time off as much as you can!
Got what you needed?
Let us know in the comments if the speedy recovery message you’re looking for isn’t here. Alternatively, check out the MyPostcard app. We have customizable (free) messages for each category, ready to be printed in your greeting card or postcard and sent to your recovering or ill loved one.
We wish you and whoever it is recovering all the best – remember to look after yourself too if you’re the primary carer!
Messages for every occasion
Whether you’re struggling to find the words for your Christmas card, your heart can’t express how sorry you are, or you’re not sure how to express your condolences in a sympathy card, we have example quotes and messages for all reasons and occasions.